A tour of Tooting’s grocery shops and veggie eateries. Stops include:
- Shiv Darshan – Gujurati snack shop selling pure vegetarian sweets and snacks
- Pooja’s – one of the most popular South Asian vegetarian snack shops in London
- Bhavin’s – one of the oldest grocery shops in Tooting with a wide selection of strange and wonderful vegetables from around the world
- Get Juiced – a very creative vegan stall in the market
- Tooting Community Garden – a local community garden growing vegetables that reflect the cultural diversity of Tooting’s residents
The tour can also accommodate vegans on request.
To organise a Veggie Tour please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A boozy tour of the local pubs, bars and tastings of locally produced drinks. Stops include:
- The King’s Head – Grade II listed Victorian pub
- The Wheathsheaf – saved from becoming a supermarket by the local community
- Graveney Gin – locally produced organic gin
- Unwinned – local wine bar selling unique wines with a story
- Craft Tooting – selling a great selection of locally brewed beers
Minimum 4 people, maximum 10 people.
To organise a Boozy Tour please contact email@example.com.
Bespoke tours of Tooting can be organised to suit your foodie interests and at a time that suits you.
For more information and to organise a bespoke tour, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
A taste of Tooting’s rich cultural heritage through a tour of local independent food businesses. Meet shop keepers, restaurant owners and food producers whilst tasting the flavours that make Tooting so culturally diverse and exciting.
Each tour is different, but stops may include a visit to:
• London’s most popular South Asian snack shop • A traditional pie and mash shop with a story thats taken it to broadway • A forty-year-old grocery shop selling strange vegetables from around the world • A producer of local organic gin • A Pilipino sari-sari shop • A walk through the two famous markets of Tooting
Taste of Tooting Tours run every third Saturday of the month from 2pm. Tickets are £15 and include all tastings!
See below for other tours that can be organised on contact